AGROCO offers steady supply of berry pomace/ press cake. Pomace is the leftover substance after berry juice or puree pressing and mainly consists of berry skins and seeds. AGROCO mainly works with these types of frozen berry pomaces:
- European wild blueberry (latin – vaccinium myrtillus) pomace;
- Seabuckthorn (latin – Hippophae rhaminoides) pomace;
- Cranberry (latin – vacciunium oxycoccos and vaccinium macrocarpon) pomace;
- Other berry pomaces available on request.
Depending on your needs, product, manufacturing capabilities berry pomace can serve as substitute or supplement to the whole berry raw material. Berry pomace is nutritious, full of chemicals used in various products such as anthocyanins (wild European blueberry), proanthocyanidins (cranberry).
AGROCO mainly works with frozen berry pomace. To ensure the high quality standards of our clients we do tests ( more information here ), clean the pomace from possible non organic impurities and repackage it to your specification.
Here is the main characteristics of our berry pomaces:
- Wild European blueberry (vaccinium myrtillus) pomace. Anthocyanins from 0,65% to 1,1%. Moisture 50-60%. Tested by HPLC method.
- Cranberry (vaccinium macrocarpon) pomace. Soluble PAC in fresh pomace from 0,7% to 1,2%. Moisture 50-70%. Moisture Tested by DMAC method;
- Cranberry (vaccinium oxycoccos) pomace. Soluble PAC in fresh pomace from 0,9% to 1,4%. Moisture 60-70%. Tested by HPLC method;
- Seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) pomace. Seed oil content 6-12 %. Seed quantity in pomace 60-70%. Moisture 50-70%.
Do not hesitate to contact us. We will provide you with full, detailed specification and quote of our products.
Please find some sample pictures of the berry pomaces below: